The CCACC Adult English Literacy Program, also known as the CCACC Adult ESOL Program, provides basic English language and life skills instruction to county residents whose native language is not English. Levels begin with basic literacy and go up to advanced. Citizenship classes are also offered.
Adult ESOL was established in 1988, initially under the joint sponsorship of ACAMP and CCACC. At the time, classes were only for children of new immigrants, but later on the target audience was extended to adult immigrants. Since 1992, the adult English program has been run by CCACC exclusively. Over the past ten years, the program has witnessed significant growth.
Basic Pronunciation, ESOL 1, ESOL 2, ESOL 3, Daily Conversation, Writing, and Citizenship classes are offered according to the student's language proficiency and interest. There are three semesters each year, 15 weeks in the Fall and Spring semesters, and a 8-9 week Summer semester. Each class meets for two hours each week.
Due to COVID-19, we will be holding all classes online in order to ensure the safety of our students and community.
Classes will be held as long as 5 or more students are registered. Students may register for a maximum of 3 classes.
- Monday's ESOL 1B will use the Ventures 1 textbook starting from Unit 5.
- Tuesday's ESOL 2 will use the Ventures 2 textbook and start from Unit 6.
- Wednesday's Daily Conversation will use A Conversation Book 1: English in Everyday Life, and start from Unit 3, Lesson 3.
- Thursday's Basic Pronunciation will use teacher-designed teaching materials based on Week-by-Week Phonics Packets and Week-by-Week Phonics & Word Study.
- Thursday's English Writing will use Spectrum Writing Workbook for 3rd Grade.
- Friday's ESOL 3 will use the Ventures 3 textbook and start from Unit 6 Review.
- Friday's ESOL 1A will use the Ventures 1 textbook and start from Unit 1.
Fees & Registration
CCACC Members: Free (must provide a valid CCACC Member ID)
Non-members: $20 for the first class of the semester, $15 for a second class during the same semester
Textbooks: Textbook fees are not included in the registration cost.
Returning students, please sign up with your current teachers.
New students, please scroll to the bottom of the page, download and fill out the registration form, and email the completed form to firstname.lastname@example.org to sign up.
If you'd like to become a CCACC Member, please click here for more details.
This Program is funded and supported by the Montgomery Coalition for Adult English Literacy (MCAEL).
Program Director: Chiao Chiao Liu email@example.com