現在位置：Our Services / Education Division / Adult ESOL (English as Second Language program) / Curriculum and Lessons
ESOL Curriculum and Lesson
Purpose: Design for Chinese people in the community to improve their English skills as well as provide information about American culture.
Courses: Adult English Level 1, Adult English Level 2, Adult English Level 3, Conversation Class
1. Adult English Level 1: Side by Side (Book 1)
2. Adult English Level 2: Side by Side (Book 2)
3. Adult English Level 3: Side by Side (Book 3)
4. Conversation Class: Decided by teacher
Objectives: (After the class, students are able…)
· To be familiar with the pronunciation of different sounds as well as words.
· To increase English vocabulary through conversation practices.
· To practice English sentences/phrases accurately in verbal communication.
· To enhance reading comprehension skill of the contents in varied topics.
· To answer questions correctly with important details from the lesson.
· To further develop English grammatical constructions towards applying the frameworks to writing.
· To give opinions or inferences on topics with the usage of words and structured foundation of English grammar.
· To build up a solid long term memory of English words, sentences, and grammar rules as well.
· To heighten learning and communication effectively and prepare for the academic and social challenges in the community and beyond.
· A wide range of topics (workplace communication and other relative topics)
· Journal writing or questions/answers based on the topic of each lesson.